This best-selling book provides essential information to ensure the safety and success of any tree felling and woodcutting operation. There are easy to follow step by step instructions and over 200 illustrations on how to fell a tree safely and efficiently. To Fell a Tree by Jeff Jepson was written for both the professional and occasional tree cutter.
- Preparations before the work begins,
- felling a tree using a three step procedure,
- felling difficult trees,
- limbing and bucking the tree snedding and cross-cutting,
- potential work hazards,
- chain saw safety,
- personal protective equipment,
- protecting people and property,
- felling storm damaged trees,
- moving limbs and logs,
- methods for splitting and stacking wood.