This illustrated photographic guide provides a comprehensive overview of the natural history of wildlife habitats in Britain and Ireland. Now completely redesigned in a handy field-guide format, and featuring revised and updated text throughout. This new edition of Britain’s Habitats guides readers through all the main habitat types. It presents information on their characteristics, extent, geographical variation, key species, cultural importance, origins and conservation. It aims to help visitors to the countryside recognize the habitats around them, understand how they have evolved and what makes them special, and imagine how they might change in the future.
This new edition of Britain’s Habitats includes updated maps and additional photographs throughout, and covers a new habitat – gardens. The perfect companion for anyone travelling in Britain and Ireland, the book is essential reading for all wildlife enthusiasts, professional ecologists and landscape architects.
- Individual sections on all the main habitat types found in Britain and Ireland
- More than 680 evocative colour photographs, including images from around Britain and Ireland in all seasons
- Details and photographs of key species and features associated with the different habitats
- Up-to-date information-including maps-on the distribution, extent and importance of all habitat types
- Features new to this edition include a field-guide format, updated maps, more photographs throughout and coverage of an additional habitat-gardens