Collins Complete Guide to British Insects is a photographic field guide to all the common and some unusual species of insects across Britain and Ireland that the keen amateur naturalist is likely to spot. Over 1,500 species are illustrated with detailed photographs chosen for their help in identification.
- Includes photographs of larvae
- Each section is coded with a symbol for easy reference
- Differences between similar species are highlighted to avoid confusion
- Information given on when to look and where to find each species
- Insect groups dealt with include butterflies and moths, mayflies, dragonflies, damselflies, grasshoppers, crickets, earwigs, lacewings, bugs, bees, wasps, ants and beetles, all with keys to ensure accurate identification