In Stupsi Explains The Tree, Claus Mattheck uses his cartoon character Stupsi the Hedgehog to introduce us to the body-language of trees and what it can tell us about the well-being of the individual tree.
- explains the laws of trees in the language of a child through the hedgehog Stupsi
- introduces everyone who likes trees or is responsible for trees into the body language of trees
- points out dangers which may result from trees
- Is the fruit of many years’ research at the Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe GmbH (Karlsruhe Research Center), using the latest measuring and computer techniques
- is conceived as a link between science and interested people
English translation by Bill Unnard. Third enlarged edition