This is the first supplement to the author’s now out of print monograph “The World of Crocuses” (2017).
- Part 1 provides information about crocuses and their cultivation, presenting new ideas on cultivation and a discussion on morphological features that can be used to aid separation of species.
- Part 2 contains corrections, and additions, such as colour pictures and distribution maps, to the entries in the main volume, .
- Part 3 presents an alphabetical list of crocus species published after 2017 and those whose status has been changed during this period. There are full descriptions of 31 new species recognized throughout the distribution area from Portugal to Iran. Also included is the first true yellow late autumn blooming crocus hybrid. This section constitutes the larger part of the book and each species description includes Latin name, attribution, a list of botanical features of various organs: leaves, various reproductive structures and such like, as well as flowering time, habitat and distribution. This is followed by a more detailed entry with additional material relevant to that particular species.
- Appendices include keys, a glossary and bibliography
- front cover – Crocus marandicus,
- rear cover – Crocus harpkeae.
There are no reviews yet.