Ever wondered where you can buy a particular plant? Then look no further. The RHS Plant Finder 2023 is an A-Z directory of 69,000 plant names and where to buy them
First published in 1987, and providing a snapshot of British garden plants and trends for more than 30 years, the RHS Plant Finder is a horticultural bible.
Published once a year, it lists all the plants available from more than 400 nurseries in the UK. You can identify the plant you want and see its stockists nationwide alongside website, mail order information, opening times and contact details for each nursery.
The 2023 edition contains around 1,400 plants that have never been included in RHS Plant Finder before. As well as a regular feature on new plant highlights, this edition includes a feature on ‘Health Threats to UK Plants’ written by RHS Principal Scientist (Biosecurity) Sara Redstone.
RHS Plant Finder 2023 helps you:
- Find a specific plant and where you can buy it
- Find a plant with a particular name, such as the name of your daughter
- Look for specialist nurseries near you
- Learn the correct name to use for a plant
- Know which plants are good for pollinators
- Select AGM fruit and vegetables from their descriptions
- See the horticultural classification of genera with large numbers of cultivars (for example, which tulips are Fringed, Lily-flowered, Triumph or Parrot cultivars)
- Find out which plant groups have had nomenclatural name changes since the previous edition
- New for 2023: Identify which plants are listed as invasive and banned from sale within the UK
Please note – The plant finder is a directory for locating nurseries that supply named plants. It is not a photo guide and doesn’t give descriptions in the main sections, or cultivation details. There is no single source for such information. If you are looking for an illustrated plant reference book then the RHS A-Z Encyclopedia of Garden Plants and the RHS Encyclopedia of Plants and Flower, are both useful compendia illustrating many named ornamental plants in cultivation.