Following a public consultation, redrafting and an extensive review process the Bat Conservation Trust has produced Bat Surveys for Professional Ecologists: Good Practice Guidelines 3rd edition. In line with the latest evidence and best practice the third edition features new content and revised guidance. This is the essential reference guide for anyone involved in professional bat work.
The 3rd edition includes:
– A revised structure, index and cross-referencing for improved accessibility
– Updates on the latest legislation, licensing, policy and published research
– A new chapter on bat surveys of trees
– A new section on acoustic surveys at swarming sites
– A new chapter on advanced licence survey techniques
– A new section on using statistics to analyse bat survey data
The 3rd edition has gone through an extensive review process by a technical board representing all UK SNCOs, ALGE, ecological consultants and an LPA.
Please note that due to the delay in publication of the National Bats and Wind Turbines Project report, there will be no wind farms chapter in this edition. The 2nd edition guidelines wind farms chapter will stand until new guidelines are available for this project type.