Britain’s Ferns, Clubmosses, Quillworts, and Horsetails: A Field Guide is the only comprehensive photographic guide to the ferns, clubmosses, quillworts and horsetails of Britain. A lavishly illustrated and user-friendly photographic identification guide to the fifty-seven ferns and seventeen other pteridophytes that occur in Britain. It is the perfect companion for botanists, naturalists, professional ecologists and anyone else with an interest in this fascinating group of non-flowering vascular plants. Designed to appeal to beginners and experts alike, this authoritative book includes novel identification keys and comparison tables that have been carefully devised to present only essential, easily understood technical terms and descriptions, avoiding jargon as much as possible. Cross-referenced throughout to facilitate the comparison of similar species, Britain’s Ferns is the definitive field guide and go-to source for identifying these species with confidence. Features hundreds of stunning colour photographs with coverage of Britain’s 57 species of ferns, 6 clubmosses, 3 quillworts and 8 horsetails. The guide features novel, easy-to-use, jargon-free identification keys and comparison tables and is beautifully designed, user-friendly and accessible.
- A modern definitive field guide to ferns for beginners and experts alike.
- Comprehensive photographic field guide to all the pteridophytes of Britain
- Produced in the familiar WILDGuide series format.
- Written by well known pteridologist and author of the Aidgap Fern Guide.
- Featuring novel keys, comparison tables and a wealth of colour photographs,