Invasive Plant Species of the World. A Reference Guide to Environmental Weeds
Since the publication of the first edition of this book in 2003, the status of many important invasive plants around the world has changed dramatically. Species have extended their ranges, new literature has been accumulated, and control methods have been improved. Research on some plant invaders has also focused on the species' ecology and impacts, confirming that invasive plants continue to pose serious threats to species and ecosystems. Given their range expansions and introduction via international trade, these problems will only become more serious in the future.
Providing the latest information on the most important invasive plants, this new edition:
- Contains 50 new species, chosen for their impacts on ecosystems and native species
- Reviews the most significant new publications on ecology and species management
- Updates introduced, invasive and native ranges, providing an easy-reference, full-colour map for each species
- Provides new and improved control methods
Including colour images of each species, this up-to-date reference guide on the most important plant invaders is an invaluable tool for both researchers and policy makers.
Suitable for researchers and policy makers interested in invasive plants, ecology and environmental sciences.
- New Title
- Condition: New
- Usually dispatched within 2-3 days