Flora Iberica: Plantas Vasculares de la Península Ibérica e Islas Baleares
Availability: - Currently Unavailable
• This major modern flora is published by Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC) at the Real Jardín Botánico de Madrid, Spain
• The purpose of the series is to aid identification of native or naturalised vascular plants in the Iberian Peninsular and the Balearic Islands.
• Each volume of Flora Iberica is well illustrated, with notes on the characteristics of the plants described, their habitat and geographical distribution.
• As noted in the introduction to the flora ...most of the information supplied refers to characteristics that differentiate plants from each other. The description structure is designed for an easy comparison. The work was conceived with diagnostic purposes rather than extensively descriptive.
• The books are written in Spanish with scientific nomenclature.
• The first volume appeared 1986 and the series will eventually comprise 21 volumes. Volume 19 has yet to be published. The earlier volumes up to and including volume 8 have all been reprinted at least once. Small errata have been corrected in the reprints. Volume 5, first published 1993 was released as a second edition in 2005
• Claves volume 1 – is a pocket guide that includes condensed information as well as keys at all levels of taxa to the first 8 volumes.
• We recommend anyone new to the flora to visit the Flora Iberica website. This contains much useful information e.g. errata, new records, terminology.
• Here is the link to the English language version of the site, Flora Iberica
• and to the pdf of the general key, in Spanish only, General Key
- CLICK HERE TO VIEW VOLUMES
- New Title
- Condition: New