Applied Ecology: Monitoring, Managing and Conserving
We live in a complex and dynamic world. Understanding how to monitor, manage and conserve species and habitats - the goal of applied ecology - is of ever-increasing importance.
Applied Ecology shows students how an understanding of ecological theory can be used to address the most important issues facing ecologists today. Its explicitly problem-solving approach reflects the reality of using ecological tools and approaches in applied contexts, while also highlighting the key ecological theories that underpin those applications to make the link between theory and practice clear.
With an emphasis throughout on the realities of applying ecological theory, the book features interviews with a range of leading applied ecologists, and over 30 case studies to give students a clear sense of contemporary applied ecology in action. In addition, over 20 Hot Topic panels capture issues and approaches at the forefront of current practice.
Online Resource Centre:
The Online Resource Centre to accompany Applied Ecology features:
- Twelve bonus case studies to augment those featured in the book
- Extended versions of the Interviews with Applied Ecologists that appear in the book
- Problem-solving activities for use in a workshop, seminar, or tutorial setting
- Figures from the book in digital format, for use in lecture presentations
- New Title
- Condition: New
- usually dispatched within 3-4 days